Re: Second-guessing myself...(long)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michael G. on November 02, 2001 at 08:23:29:

In Reply to: Second-guessing myself...(long) posted by Ted on November 01, 2001 at 23:33:25:

It sounds to me that you made the right decision for you. Your note says that Teacher A is the better teacher and you are comfortable with him/her. Communication is very important. Arnold Jacobs had a gift of explaining the very complex in a manner that was relaxed, comfortable and understood by the individual he was teaching, not matter what the players level. That is a gift not everyone has. As for where he plays now and where he had played before is irrelevent to his teaching. Stay where you are and grow with someone that looks as though they help you. As for grad school, it sounds as though Teacher B would not be a great choice...anytime. Do well in undergrad and you will have dozens of schools to choose from for grad school. If you need names, check out Fritz Kaenzig at the University of Michigan or Rex Martin at Northwestern. These are two people that posses that gift of communication and of getting great things from their students.

Good luck and have fun!

Follow Ups: