Re: Re: Tubists playing Euph.....

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Joe S. on November 26, 2000 at 21:01:29:

In Reply to: Re: Tubists playing Euph..... posted by Jay on November 25, 2000 at 08:09:26:

The five baritone players that you listed are "artists" who have spent their lives working to perform at an extraordinary level not reached by others.

I haven't heard those "artist" level trombonists who you mentioned perform on the baritone, but many professional trombonists whom I HAVE sat next to when they were playing the baritone and I was playing the tuba just "don't get it". However, I don't think that your specific handful of "artist" level trombonists has, collectively, much time to spend playing the baritone anyway.

The list of instruments (??): All of those instrument terms listed by you are specific (except the "cimbasso", which is ambiguous). However, although the terms "bass tuba", "Wagner tuba", and "tenor tuba" (yet another name for the baritone) are specific they all allow for wide variances in minor design details (just as does the term "baritone horn").

I don't understand the purpose of the question about master classes, but I don't participate in them. I only play the baritone when hired to do so.

Your comments seem to reinforce my arguments, but the tone of your post reveals contempt. What are your points?

Follow Ups: