Re: Eb or F?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve on November 29, 1999 at 19:48:48:

In Reply to: Eb or F? posted by Beau on November 29, 1999 at 16:11:05:

I was in the same situation as you a few years ago. I'm a professional tradesman who plays the tuba as much as I can in community bands, various brass bands and a couple of professional groups in our state.

About 6 or 7 years ago I was all set playing my BBb in the community bands, I them started reading this web site and talking to some more of the Tuba pros and students in this area, just basically getting more involved in the music scene, and convinced myself that I could use a different key horn. In my case I actually sold my BBb and picked up a CC and practiced with it until I was comfortable and that is the horn that I mainly use now. I also play on a Eb quite frequently and really like the sound I get from it. It's especially nice for solo work or the smaller ensembles, and it was not hard at all to learn the fingering patterns. (just takes time!!) :-)

So I guess what I'm trying to say is that all my horns are "play toys" to me since I work 10 hours a day in construction and I don't make much playing them, but they are worth every penny to me in my enjoyment of life. So if you want to, and can afford to, go out and try some horns at the different shops and pick yourself up one. Order the Arbans Tuba book and sit down and have some fun!

Follow Ups: