Re: Re: What tuba pitch?!?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Leland on November 16, 1999 at 22:38:58:

In Reply to: Re: What tuba pitch?!? posted by Tony Clements on November 16, 1999 at 22:05:28:

No flame thrower here --

Keep in mind that it's "most of the serious tubists play CC mostly", not just something about serious tubists just play CC. There are some incredible BBb's out there these days that are at the same level as the top CC's, too; I'd say that all that research that went into pro CC tubas is going back into other keys. As far as which is more popular in college bands, it depends where you go -- we're all on BBb's here at my school.

Pistons vs rotors? They're both faster than you. The most tangible difference I can think of is that rotors can be much better for small hands -- the paddles can be adjusted to fit without any wear problems (but I have seen some piston buttons that were modified for better fit, also).

Getting good enough to get into college is possible on anything. If a teacher says that you can't get in without a certain key of tuba, maybe he/she should focus on your results instead of your gear.

That's all I can think of for now...

Seeya,
Leland

Follow Ups: