Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ITEA Divisions

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michael Incopero on May 24, 2003 at 23:27:47:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ITEA Divisions posted by Brian Frederiksen on May 24, 2003 at 12:02:51:

Hey Brian,

Well said! Remember the guy who showed up for the TV show with the double belled euphonium & the two kids in tow with horns and hogged all the camera time? We never saw him before or after. As far as MetroCats it seems to me we had at one time 100 or so members and by the end it had dwindled to 50.

For anybody who was in the old MetroCats please be advised that after MetroCats folded and with the consent of the other scattered board members the remaining six or seven hundred dollars in the treasury was donated to the Harvey Philips Foundation because it had been raised in the interest of tuba education. Brian's second or was it his first suggestion was to use it for pizza & beer!

I'm still thinking about trying to crank it back up. The NMB moves into its new $2.5 million performance center next week and with the conductor and assistant conductor being tuba players I've gotten a green light to use it once a month for a tuba/euphonium group.

Do you think we have any chance getting anybody not in the immediate area to come out to Naperville???

Mike Incopero

Follow Ups: