Re: Re: Re: Texas RTEC

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by agree on May 19, 2003 at 22:21:02:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Texas RTEC posted by Mike I on May 19, 2003 at 15:52:38:

It does seem that ITEA tends to put more emphasis on pros/educators/students as opposed to amatuers. The ITEA conferences only seem to showcase the same pros over and over, with some exceptions, and doesn't provide the service they should to the amatuer, composer, or community. The also should have non-pros more involved in the running of the organization. News, etc, is way too slow and the ones who do seem to hold any kind of rank in the association seem happy to have the title, and don't do enough work. The goal of any conference should not be how many tuba/euphonium players show up, but how many non-tuba/euphonium players show up. I didn't go beacuse Texas is 1000 miles away, I'm damn near broke now, and I didn't have any personal interest (i.e. friends playing) in being there. ITEA should really re-evaluate why they started doing conferences in the first place. Besides, have any of the conferences in the past 10 years actually made a profit? How many have led to the composing of a new work for our instrument by a composer who had never written us anything? Just some thoughts. Sorry if I stepped on any toes.

Follow Ups: