Re: Re: Re: Bad News List

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mary Ann on May 13, 2003 at 12:31:34:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Bad News List posted by Volker on May 12, 2003 at 13:30:47:

I agree with all this. I asked the question to try to start a discussion.
Because I live in a part of the US where the English is a second language for a lot of the population, I see perhaps more lack of development of intellect and critical thought than I did when I lived in other parts of the country. I wonder if there are more people without education now, or if I just see more of them than I used to. I think what is happening with the arts is symptomatic of what is happening all over, and can't think of a thing to do about it. I do believe that capitalism is ruining the world, because it is controlling the availability of everything....if it is not profitable yesterday, we don't see it out there. And if it is profitable, we see it whether there is any value in it or not. Who was it that said, "No one ever went broke underestimating the American public"? I wonder what the next big political system will be, when this one ultimately fails. I suspect a world dictatorship of some kind is next in store.
My, aren't I optimistic today?
MA

Follow Ups: