Illinois State University

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mike Forbes on May 03, 2002 at 11:44:54:

Hello everyone,

There's a bit of commotion over ISU, Sharon Huff, and myself in a thread below titled: "Filled University Positions" so I thought I'd better clear something up.

I was indeed offered the position at Illinois State University and I am in the process of getting released from my 2nd enlistment in the Army Band, "Pershing's Own." I have worked out a solution to my enlistment delimmas, and have indeed signed the contract with ISU--I WILL BE THERE in the fall.

I'm very excited about continuing the fabulous tuba/euphonium tradition there set forth by Ed Livingston and David Zerkel. The list of ISU tuba/euphonium graduates reads like a "who's who" of our community! I'm also thrilled to be working with and writing for a very talented faculty brass quintet!

I hope this clears up any concerns. Dr. Sharon Huff was indeed the interim person in the position and she will be conducting the ISU tuba/euphonium ensemble at ITEC at the end of this month.

If you have any questions for me or about ISU, please feel free to email me. If you have questions about the Army Band: No, I don't know if we'll be accepting 2 tubists at this upcoming audition (on June 3rd) or holding another audition at a later date. It's up in the air at the moment.

Hope this helps clear up any confusion.

Hope to see many of you at ITEC!

Mike

Follow Ups: