Re: Re: Re: Illinois State University

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mike Forbes on May 04, 2002 at 17:09:35:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Illinois State University posted by Bill on May 04, 2002 at 16:32:23:

Whew! I guess there's some clearing up to do! (Including some ironic twists,)

As far as I'm away, Ed Livingston retired back in 1997, 1998 (?) after some 30+ years of teaching tuba & euphonium. Many pupils went on to many lofty positions in the music world, with a good number ending up in the D.C. Military Bands. Then Dave Zerkel left the Army Band to take over the job (. . . then, as a small aside, I took a tuba slot in the Army Band shortly there after.)

Anyway, 2 years passed, and then David Randoph (another Army Bandsman from the early 70's) sadly and tragically passed away, and Dave Zerkel moved to the Univ. of GA to take his position.

The ISU position was filled during the interim first with Dr. Jeffrey Graves from 2000-01, then with Dr. Sharon Huff 2001-02. This past spring the university was given permission to do the search to permanently fill the position. Now I'll be leaving the Army Band for ISU, and some new tubist will triumpantly fill my spot--perhaps continuing this legacy! Crazy.

I hope this helps. Feel free to email me if you have any further questions.

Mike

Follow Ups: