Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Disney BLAST!s out

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Joe S. on May 27, 2001 at 21:47:29:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Disney BLAST!s out posted by Cast Member on May 26, 2001 at 21:35:25:

Personally, I think Disney has just as much "right" to fire performers just before they become eligible for some pension program (or whatever) as the performers have a "right" to give Disney some minimum notice that they are leaving their job (jeopardizing an ensemble's cohesiveness and entertainment value) to move on to a better or different job elsewhere.

In these days of little or no employee loyalty, one cannot expect employers to offer more loyalty than their employees.

When symphony players audition for better jobs and "win" them, they are congratulated - never chided for lack of company loyalty, it seems to me.

As to high school marching bands as entertainment: I'm sure that when the day comes that high school bands stop paying Disney money to come and play music in Disney's amusement parks, Disney will have to rethink their situation. At this point, bands AUDITION to do this and some are TURNED DOWN.

The market works, sometimes in ways that we may personally find annoying, but it works.

Now you can flame or disagree with me, rather than the guy (above) who likes his job, was good enough at what he does to GET the job, and who accepts the terms of his employment.

Follow Ups: