Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Disney BLAST!s out

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Charles D. Ortega on May 29, 2001 at 12:00:04:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Disney BLAST!s out posted by Matt G on May 29, 2001 at 09:11:02:

I would like to point out that I am pretty overweight and I work for the Walt Disney World Resort as a musician. The idea that people don't get hired here because of their weight is an old one. Trust me, I auditioned when I was a freshman in college, and got alternate. Then, I auditioned after a few years in college and didn't get anything, finally on the third time, I auditioned and got the College Tuba spot for the Disney Grammy Collegiate Orchestra. The only thing that changed during that time was my preparedness, and my improvement on my horn. I was overweight for the first audition and still am as a Cast Member.
I will say, however, that there is a "grain" of truth to what Matt G said. The town isn't bustling with work. But I have only been here for three years and from the first, I have been able to do some orchestra work in the area, and get called for gigs.
Bottom line, if you are professional, and you play well, you will get called. I have found that wherever I go...

cdo

Follow Ups: