Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: More Bad News

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by optimist on March 20, 2004 at 13:25:34:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: More Bad News posted by Matt G on March 19, 2004 at 09:41:40:

the only words I presumed to put in your mouth were "Once again, the rich are a neccessity, as are the poor, the homeless, and the middle class", which was really the only thing I found objectionable about your post... the comparison to crime was a comparison of the inappropriateness of the comments, I didn't mean to imply any correlation between the two...

so what I meant was that, to me, "the rich are a neccessity, as are the poor, the homeless, and the middle class" has the same tone to it as "homeland security is a neccessity, but so is terrorism, rape, paedophelia, and nihilism". Both show a blatant disregard for human life.. the former not in a selfish manner, but in a manner far more dangerous- one that is socialy inbred.

"Now if you want to bring other countries into the mix, well then figure out there social structure.

Your ideas of utopia are a little misinformed. If you look at places like many countries in europe where the government tries to make things more equal, they also have double digit unemployment rates, because it is cheaper for some people to just not work and get handouts. Is that what you want?"

I'm just being optimistic about the future, not expressing ideas of utopia. There's a lot more to social structure than an economy.. in fact, I think that perhaps you are confuing "social structure" for "economic output".. another very dangerous(yet oh so common) mindset that is socially inbred. Bringing other countries into the mix comparatively isn't what I want to do unless this is going to be a social debate and not one purely economic. I do admit to being of the disposition that many(many many many) countries are far more "utopian" than these united states... the reason being(imo) the mindset illustrated even in your own post, and held by the bulk of americans. I don't call it ignorance, and I don't even believe that it's a superiority complex(as most of the world tends to interpret it). Just misplaced priorities. What do I call it?

Capitalism.

Follow Ups: