Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: More Bad News

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Matt G on March 19, 2004 at 09:41:40:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: More Bad News posted by horrible attitude! on March 19, 2004 at 00:22:18:

Do not put words in the mouths of others.

I did not say that the system was fair, I say that is how it has been for a multitude of generations and that is how it probably will be for many more to come.

To say that one's financial and social stature is equal to those of criminal intent, shows how you are drawings tangents that shouldn't be there.

"I firmly believe that this world will one day see a time where the extremes of richess and poverty are completely eradicated. There will still be rich people, there will still be poor, but everyone will be equal."

So you have removed the extremes, huh? Well the numbers will still be the same for the most part, and that bell shaped curve will still remain.

FWIW, everyone is far more equal than they ever were, and I am for it. Reduction of barriers to those who want to become upper class have been greatly reduced. However, then inner drive of those wanting to be rich has also reduced.

People are the masters of there own future. Their own personal motivations are what takes them to the place where they want to be. They will figure out a way to work within the system to determine their success. Just like those upper elite tuba players we all talk about. They figured out what they needed to do and did it to become the best. Ask Alan Baer , Mike Roylance, or Chris Olka how many hour they put into the practice room. Then think about how much the mediocre players and the bad players put in. It is the same way with personal success.

Now if you want to bring other countries into the mix, well then figure out there social structure.

Your ideas of utopia are a little misinformed. If you look at places like many countries in europe where the government tries to make things more equal, they also have double digit unemployment rates, because it is cheaper for some people to just not work and get handouts. Is that what you want?

Follow Ups: