Amazing Grace - please help

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jacob Morgan on March 09, 2004 at 20:33:33:

Hey guys,

My uncle recently passed away after dealin for over a week with kidneys shutting down, and I am unable to fly back down there to the funeral because of school etc, but I'd really like to send a copy of me playing amazing grace for them to play at the funeral. So if anyone can help i'd be greatly appreciative.

Everyone pretty much knows the rythm you play amazing grace, but I am debating between playing it in Bb major, then repeat(rythm) it in C major... OR play it in Gb Major, then Ab major the 2nd time.

I can play both, but I was curious as to which would be better? The C major version does go up to the high G in the staff, which I can play but i feel the "lower" keys may sound better comin from a tuba?

Basicaly im curious, is there any reason NOT to play it in Gb/Ab ? or should I stick with Bb/C ? I personaly prefer playing the Gb/Ab but I like the Bb/C as well so really its a toss up.

O and if you have any other key combinations you can recomend please do, im lookin for wat would be best to play this in and send down there.

Also, My director is helping me tomorrow afternoon before afterschool practice to record this, we are using the schools equip that we use to record concerts, so hopefully it'll sound good.

Thanks in advance guys,

Jacob

Follow Ups: