Re: College situation

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by runswithscissors on March 31, 2003 at 15:36:42:

In Reply to: College situation posted by Wooliteeuph on March 31, 2003 at 15:06:26:

I have somewhat of the same situation. My paretns helped me with my under-grad degree but anything beyond that I was expected to fit the bill. The biggest and best thing you can do is time management. Figure out how much time you have to spend in the book and on the horn and how much extra time you have to get a job. Get the min. of sleep and work on Saturdays. Save your beer money for tuition payments. Sometimes you have to eat tuna fish sandwiches and ride a bike but anything you can do to save money. Work during your J-terms and or summers to give your self a break and to make more money. Write essays and things like that to get scholarships. If you belong to any organization like a church or something like that, hold a benefit dinner or silent auction. As for housing...some people can live in a dump and live with it...some people can't...an apartment might be cheaper than a dorm room you have to decide on that one. Take out the money for the apartment in student loans. Money is really cheap to borrow right now! and Educational debt is the best kind of debt to have...way better than credit card debt! One way a friend of mine got to go to college for free was that he got married and had a baby! One way to do it...NOT for everyone though! Cut all the corners you can.

Best of luck to you my friend.

Follow Ups: