Re: Re: Different Question About CC vs. BBb

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jeff Hildebrand on March 09, 2003 at 21:03:08:

In Reply to: Re: Different Question About CC vs. BBb posted by Rick Denney on March 09, 2003 at 19:15:54:

Thanks for the good advice. I probably should have given more details, but your answers happen to still be appropriate.

I do have access to a nice little Conn 10J that I am intending to "work out" on. However, if I was going to end up getting a CC tuba, I didn't want to spend too much effort on the Conn. Also, I am not in any hurry. My intent was to simply start looking, but barring a super deal, I don't intend to buy anything for about a year.

As far as the used tubas on E**y, looking at recently sold tubas led me to believe the mid-level CC's were selling for less than the BBb's. Maybe the last month or so is an abberation. Also, I am not looking at the top-end instruments. I was thinking along the lines of a Miraphone 186 or a moderately priced Cerveny for a rotor, or one of the 4-v Yamahas or the King 2341 for piston (Just to give an idea of price/quality range I am interested in). My budget would be in the $2500-3500 range.

I have decided to stick with a BBb. Your comments about it probably matching better with the other instruments I will encounter in church or civic band makes a lot of sense. I had not thought of that aspect.

This is exactly the reason I had raised this question on TubeNet. I very much appreciate the advise of an experienced Tubist.

Thank-you.

Jeff "Still learning the A,Bb,C's of tubas" Hildebrand

Follow Ups: