A couple of euphonium questions.....

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Heather McDown on March 09, 2003 at 14:42:33:

I just finished with my college auditions yesterday, things went well. I enjoyed my experiences at each university--Michigan, Oklahoma, North Texas, and Indiana. I was wondering if anyone else could give me some other schools that are good for doing an undergrad with euphonium.
Another question I ask is that I had intended on getting my bachelors in performance, but it seems as though people have been telling me I should do my bachelors in music education instead. I can see where this is a smart idea, don't get me wrong. I'm just wondering what other peoples' opinions are on this subject. All views are acceptable.
The last thing I ask is that I had never really wanted to be in a military band. You could perhaps say I'm stupid for playing euphonium then, since practically all jobs for the instrument are with a military band. What other jobs do you think would be a consideration for euphonium? I know there are not many. I would perhaps like to teach at the university level later on, so I know that's an option.
In advance, thanks for all the posts that will come from this. It's much appreciated.

Heather

Follow Ups: