Re: What now?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Lee Stofer on March 05, 2002 at 09:34:21:

In Reply to: What now? posted by Brian on March 05, 2002 at 00:15:42:

Brian,
I find that my practice, to be effective, needs to be oriented towards a specific goal, whether a concert, recital, recording, etc. I've always had trouble practicing consistently, daily, when there was no specific goal. Sometimes, taking a few days away from the horn is healthy, avoiding burnout and enabling you to come back refreshed.
I'm a tubist in N. Georgia, too, and there are ways to seek out opportunities. I'd suggest getting lessons with Michael Moore of the ASO. He also directs a brass ensemble that meets at Emory University on Sunday evenings. I sat-in on a rehearsal about a month ago, and it was a good experience. Also, the Georgia Brass Band is an outstanding group, composed of some of the better brass players in N. Georgia, which meets at Algood Recording Studio on Thursday evenings. There are various booking agencies in Atlanta, including one at the Musician's Union. I've found that getting out and meeting people, and having them hear me play has paid off. Feel free to e-mail me if you'd like to discuss it further.
-lee Stofer

Follow Ups: