Purchase Advice

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Fist Full Of Dollars on March 04, 2001 at 16:35:52:

Hey guys. I'm looking at possibly purchasing a Miraphone in the immediate future (that is, if nothing else in the warehouse catches my eye!) and was shoring up my finances. I plan on buying a RB leather bag and was wanting an ergonomically modest case that my horn would be able to fit in while in the bag. Anything in the Anvil/Walt Johnson dimensions are just too big for my purposes. I don't have a truck or anything and it would need to fit in the back seat of a 2000 Ford Taurus.

Question: does the case listed at various sites as a Miraphone "Winter" case fit both the 186 and 188? Does anyone have any experience with this case? Will it fit the horn while in a bag or is it truly custom fit? Any and all comments and suggestions are appreciated. I want to do this right.

If any have any advice to give about these horns I'm interested (compare/contrast) that would also be great. Yes, I have spent a great deal of time reading in the archives but am looking for some possibly fresh opinions. The horns I'm looking at are the Conn 52J, Miraphone 186-5U (S and Pro), Miraphone 188, Rudy 4/4 435, Rudy 4/4 4+1, Rudy 3/4 and the MW 2145. Thanks!

Follow Ups: