Re: My Tuba Exchange Experience - Long post

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Taken Also on June 26, 2002 at 22:13:08:

In Reply to: My Tuba Exchange Experience - Long post posted by M.M. Carrasco on June 26, 2002 at 21:31:22:

After what you said, I don't think I will ever be tempted to buy a horn from TE! About 15 years ago I sold a Holton recording bass in great shape with cases on consignment through them. I told them what I expected for the horn. They never told me what they sold the horn for, just sent me a check, I quess for what they thought was fair. They had said there wasn't much demand for recording basses, so I didn't get to set the price not was I consulted when they got a prospective buyer. Even without quite knowing how they did business, I have always had a bad taste in my mouth about this deal. Incidentally, I loved that horn, but felt I needed the money at the time. If I had known how little I would get for it, I would have kept it, because I know I will never find another horn just like it. Details: I paid $800 for the horn, I had thought it should bring $1000 to $1500 (or at least I was lead to believe that from TE) and I realized $650! Nuff said.

Follow Ups: