Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Persichetti Serenede No. 12

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jim Andrada on June 26, 2002 at 20:04:07:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Persichetti Serenede No. 12 posted by Rick Denney on June 26, 2002 at 14:57:14:

You're right on - the best part was the chance to sit around in the evenings and talk with Adams and have cookies that his wife brought out to the gang. He was already having some health problems and had been warned off of higher elevations, but he was really spry. A lot more spry than I was after lugging my 5 X 7 Linhof around for a day.(heavier than a tuba - now this is tuba related!)I think he really enjoyed doing the workshops. He was quite taken with large format Polaroid in that era

I was also fortunate ( = I'm now OLD enough)enough to have had the chance to take workshops with Minor White and guys like Jerry Uelsmann. So what's to become of the "Zone System" in this era of digital backs even for the large format beasties?

You make an excellent point also in that we tend to prefer to spend money on equipment that we hope will let us emulate our idols rather than buying their work and supporting them!

Follow Ups: