Re: Re: Re: Did you attend Curtis?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by anon on June 23, 2001 at 11:13:09:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Did you attend Curtis? posted by Really??? on June 23, 2001 at 09:07:12:

One of the top tuba teachers in the country said to me that the best thing about attending Curtis (for a tuba player) is that you are halfway between DC and NYC where you can get lessons from a good teacher. This may have been a cheap shot, but the same prof is very generous in complimenting many of the rest of his "competitors," so I do not see it as professional jealousy but as a "caveat" to anyone who is mesmerized by the Curtis name.

My suggestion is for anyone who is looking at Curtis for tuba to ASK QUESTIONS - go get a lesson from Paul K - and then form your own opinion. The truth is, the openings for tuba at Curtis only occur once every couple of years, so the reality is that this is not going to affect very many people.

Let's put this another way - the discussion comes up from time to time as to who are the best tuba teachers. I have never heard anyone put Mr. K up for that distinction. Perhaps students of Mr. K should now come forward and tell it like it is.

Follow Ups: