Re: Re: I Tip my Hat to You

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Cliff on June 19, 2001 at 11:33:10:

In Reply to: Re: I Tip my Hat to You posted by Rick F on June 19, 2001 at 09:19:55:

I think you can "pay the bills" with music. I'm not a full-time tuba player (very rank amatuer). I'm a HS Band director and I make a living. Incidentally, my wife's father also said she needed to be an engineer, or something technical to "pay the bills". My first year-salary was a whole $400 a year less ($35000) than my wife with Bach. Mech Engineering from GA Tech, and I truly LOVE my job. She likes hers OK. But she has told me that she's wishes she had done something else. Tracy, look further down the board for my opinions in a post to Greg. Yes, bills must be paid but be sure that it is something you want and can do for a long time with no regrets. The problem is that most of us make life changing decisions without enough info. Unfortunately your choice of major is one of those decisions which you may not know was the right one until you started working in whatever field it is. This happens in all fields. I have many friends who taught music one day in a classroom and hated it. I know draftsmen, engineers, computer programmers who love their job. So find something your happy at and make a living doing it.

Cliff

Follow Ups: