Re: Re: Re: Miraphone 186 C tuba for sale

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Joe Baker on June 27, 2000 at 15:28:20:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Miraphone 186 C tuba for sale posted by Dave on June 26, 2000 at 22:33:27:

Possible 'me too post' here, but this particular line seemed to me to require specific response:

"It seems people are concerned about the 'sloppy seconds' mentality saying to themselves 'Well, if this guy is selling it, there must be something wrong with it.'"

Such a thought would be stupid, and anyone who thinks that would never even give a used horn a sniff. But if you changed that statement just a tiny bit, like this:

"It seems people are concerned about the 'sloppy seconds' mentality saying to themselves 'Well, if this guy is selling it, there **MIGHT** be something wrong with it.'"

then the statement is true, responsible, and the precise reason why a reasonably cautious consumer would ask the question. After all, the seller is unknown to the buyer. While he is PROBABLY a fair and reasonable person, the following nightmare scenario is a possibility (not a probability):

Buyer, calling Seller: "Hi, I got the horn today, but something's wrong. When I play a BBb the bell falls off."

Seller: "Yeah, I know. That's why I sold it."

Buyer: "WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME?!? I want my money back!"

Seller: "You didn't ask. That's your fault. You're stuck with it."

PLEASE UNDERSTAND I know NOTHING of the seller of this horn; in fact, his comment above indicates he is quite the fair and reasonable seller. But the question was a fair one.

Follow Ups: