Re: PLEASE FRIENDS, READ THIS(?? on future)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Matt Walters on June 11, 2000 at 21:22:09:

In Reply to: PLEASE FRIENDS, READ THIS(?? on future) posted by Kevin Eckelkamp on June 11, 2000 at 18:17:56:

Kevin,
I know exactly what you should do. Based upon your age, interests, and the readings from a crystal ball I feel certain what you should do. Are you ready for this advice? LIVE YOUR LIFE RIGHT NOW! You should be thinking about girls, sports, hanging out with the guys on the weekends, playing your tuba or sousaphone for sheer enjoyment, and doing the dumb little things that teenagers will do. In the mix add a little discipline like practicing (even the tough exercises you don't like), do some chores and pitch in around the house without being told. Keep or get your grades up. Poor grades can slam some future doors in your face.
What should you do for a living? If you have to ask, it's not that.
Your job is to be the best kid you can be in life right now. Explore and develope the areas of life that interest you. Your music through the tuba is one. Do you have a mechanical interest that is making you think about instrument repair? You don't have to work on tubas to develop that interest. I learned a lot from working on Aircraft for many years that has done me well in instrument repair. You have at least another year before you have to start those decisions. Good grief, turn off the computer and enjoy your summer. Try something new! ( I am not suggesting drugs, smoking, or anything harmful to yourself or others.)
I'm halfway through my life and just learned I like fishing. Because, I tried something new. Best wishes for you and your future.
Matt

Follow Ups: