Re: flying

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by I can't... on July 10, 2003 at 05:59:04:

In Reply to: flying posted by Mary Ann on July 09, 2003 at 18:02:59:

...believe that a 182 wouldn't fit in the small WJ case! Anyway, as long as your horn fits SNUGLY in the case, and doesn't shift at all lengthwise, you should be fine. My Johnson case had a hole for the mouthpiece in a piece of padding in the corner, and it was covered completely by a corresponding piece of foam when the lid was closed, so there was no way the mouthpiece ever came loose and flew around inside the case. I did find my first valve slide rattling around loose a couple of times, but putting a strip of tape on it to keep it from sliding out solved the problem. My 822 F in the medium case weighs 56 lbs, so I bet your horn will come in at around 50 or a little less. Also, I never did the volleyball trick, and in hundreds of flights, I never had any damage to the horn. Good luck with Southwest. While they are usually cheerful and helpful, I've also found them to be more inconsistent than other airlines with their "rules". The medium case can look pretty oversize and heavy to a ticket/baggage agent.

Follow Ups: