Re: Rotary Repair Question

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Todd Morgan on July 09, 2002 at 00:11:36:

In Reply to: Rotary Repair Question posted by Andy Smith on July 08, 2002 at 21:22:31:

Hey Andy,

If you want to just REMOVE the valves, which I suggest, simply remove the screw that holds the linkage to the rotar itself. Now take that screw and screw it about 1/2 way back into the hole in which it was in the rotar itself. Now, remove the back cap of the rotar. If cap is stuck a rawhide mallet works wonders OR a pair of rubberized pliers. Now that you have the back cap off, take that rawhide mallet and tap on the head of the screw. The back plate should pop right out and you should start to see the valve sliding out. Keep loosening the screw so that you can tap it down a little further. Eventually, when you remove the screw, the valve should just fall out. After you have removed all of the valves, I would consider soaking the horn in a bath tub with luke warm water and a mild dish detergent. It sounds like your horn needs a decent cleaning and lube job. If you need further help, you can email me. Ohh...by the way....have you gotten used to having a rotary vale horn yet?? :)

-Todd "glad I moved from Ithaca, NY to Birmingham, AL" Morgan

Follow Ups: