Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Should I use CC for Band?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by different perspectives ARE cool... on July 16, 2001 at 22:31:56:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Should I use CC for Band? posted by Tracy H. on July 16, 2001 at 21:41:32:

i respect your view on marching band and wish that it was as positive as that for every student...

but 10 hours a week while enrolled in marching band? that may lead to quite the burnout!

if a student gets home at 6:15-6:30 every weeknight with far-from-fresh chops...is there really time to get in some good practice while keeping up on an hour (or more for the AP students) of homework everynight? and what about socail lives...

I marched the first 3 years of high school and have decided to prepare for college auditions in the fall by not participating this year, my senior year. Now I admit I will miss some aspects of it and that it does teach A LOT of discipline...but I feel that if I spend my afternoons and early nights sitting on a field while flutes are being set over and over (and then the clarinets and sax's come next...), I will miss out on MUCH needed practice time that will.....well.....really screw me when it comes to getting in those top schools...and I hope I have the right view of the importance of the college we attend.

I haven't went a season without just yet, but I think it will be for the better (for me at least...an honors student in a high school with a 200 piece marching band who is striving for eastman or north texas)

I'm just trying to build a little support for the underdog here

Follow Ups: