Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Should I use CC for Band?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tracy H. on July 16, 2001 at 21:41:32:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Should I use CC for Band? posted by dp on July 16, 2001 at 20:50:07:

I just don't see how you're seeing that the time spent marching can hinder a prospective professional tubist when, as they will need discipline in the future anyway, they can still practice a healthy amount away from marching. If they really have this dedication as a highschool student as to not even do marching band, then they should have the dedication to find 10 or so hours a week to practice around it, or perhaps learn a more efficient way to practice to limit the time needed. That would be a benefit for the future anyway. Highschool is when a student's horizons are broadened, not when they should be limited. Every year brings upon different situations and this is the time to learn to deal with them while there is still a stable base. And I agree, it is part of the real world that not everything go his way and he not be treated special because what is that teaching him?

I also agree it would be interesting to get a survey of the top orchestra tubists and see what they did in highschool and college. I'm not saying this because I want to prove you wrong, mind you ^_^, but because I think it'd be interesting and educational.

How cool it is to see different perspectives!

Follow Ups: