Re: Re: Re: Rudy 4/4 CC for sale

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by guy on July 09, 2001 at 09:09:20:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Rudy 4/4 CC for sale posted by Scott Sutherland on July 09, 2001 at 00:01:32:

Thousands upon thousands of tuba guys watched the very nice playing one that I put up for sale for someone else NOT sell at $5200 with a premium case and a premium bag, as did you - so privacy of communication is rather pointless.

Interestingly, although a certain number of these 5V-4/4-RM seem to sell "new" each year for thousands more than "new" Mira-S186's, the playability comparison with Mira is a "wash" (better tone - RM / better intonation - Mira) and the cosmetics on Mira's (even the S series) are arguably superior (to those for whom cosmetics is an issue).

I think that's why used RM's only sell for just a small bit more than used Mira's, even though their "new" prices are very far apart. Based on the hours that I devoted to attempting to sell one of these, I was trying to offer help from my experience.

In fact, If you are willing to sell it for about $1300 - $1500 less (the amount for which I could have sold my friend's tuba) I probably could put you in touch with a "guy" (email me privately ;^) in Colorado who might still be ready to buy.

Joe "Private-schmivate. We ALL walk around this bbs in our underwear." S.

Follow Ups: