Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tuba Repair.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Joe S. on August 01, 2000 at 01:50:07:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tuba Repair. posted by Daryl Hickman on July 31, 2000 at 21:20:57:

I have paid bright helpers who were "quick studies" $10 - $12 per hour (started them at $6), and indicated to them that I would be delighted to pay them a ton more if they ultimately advanced their skills enough to become truly independent (ie: very few if any "uhh...Joe...'s")

What most employees do not realize is that when they lack independence in their tasks, THEY (the employee) end up becoming the boss - so to speak, and the average boss/employer is simply not interested in hiring themselves a "boss".

One tip: Hire MORMONS! They are modest, have a very strong work ethic, pay attention, and show respect. Further, if they (individually) happen not to be the very brightest person, they simply put forth even MORE effort to make up for any shortcomings in the "quickness" department. (I realize that this is a very weird remark, but nevertheless I have found this to be good hiring advice.)

Follow Ups: