Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tuba Repair.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by I'm not a Mormon, but... on August 01, 2000 at 12:32:02:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tuba Repair. posted by Dave on August 01, 2000 at 09:00:15:

...why would this comment surprise you? He's not saying 'hire Italians' or 'hire cute chicks'. I don't think Joe is advocating their theology. He's just learned about people who have explicitly chosen to share a common ethic, one that is a great asset for an employee. Would you have bristled if he'd said 'hire ethical people whose self concept is highly influenced by conduct and performance'? Well, that's what he said. I'm a Southern Baptist, a denomination whose beliefs most closely mirror mine, and I'll be the first to tell you that many who ascribe to my faith do not possess this ethic. Part of that is because we DE-emphasize conduct in favor of faith. As such, I can't blame Joe for not suggesting you hire Southern Baptists. Personal conduct is regarded as more crucial to Mormons, and they reflect it in their actions. I admire them for that.

If you want your demographic to be recommended so highly? Advocate that kind of attitude for your peers!

Follow Ups: