Re: Future Tuba Improvements???

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jason G on July 28, 2000 at 09:59:03:

In Reply to: Future Tuba Improvements??? posted by J.A.D. on July 27, 2000 at 23:56:34:

I would like for one company to develop some sort of hard, durable polymer/plastic valve system. I have tried dozens of materials in my caps to lessen the noisy valves, but nothing seems to be better than what the company installs, which is in my opinion, woefully inadequate. I ABSOLUTLEY HATE LOUD VALVES.

On the other hand, I would not mind seeing some form of electronic/computer valve system that would eliminate valve, spring, and casing noise. I would NOT like this system to magically fix playing/breathing inadequacies, that's what the practice room is for however. I think that most professional musicians would love to hear a COMPLETELY silent valve system, yet still looks, feels, and sounds like a tuba!! How many of you would like to play the last movement of The Carnival of Venice without it sounding like The Carny from Dallas?

Oh yeah, if you could also develop a silver plate that doesn't tarnish or collect water spots, that would be great too.

Follow Ups: