Re: Re: tuba luggage in airport

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by mjg on January 11, 2004 at 23:13:12:

In Reply to: Re: tuba luggage in airport posted by Josh Calkin on January 10, 2004 at 18:00:26:

I, too, was an advocate of teh tip the skycap routine until I had to fly out of Newark. The skycap turned it over to the desk and they refused to fly the horn. Even though they could have, they said they couldn't. BTW, this was Continental Airlines, back in 1997 or 98. The $20 I gave to the skycap was the last bit of cash I had on me until I was to arrive at my destination. Continental told me I could take the horn to their air cargo service, but not at their expense. I would have to take a CAB to the air cargo terminal.

I learned one thing, buck up and take the fee into account. If you can't afford to fly the horn, that is your problem, not the airlines. I have built cases myself to fit within their restrictions and it has worked. Problem is, it all costs money!

When flying with a tuba, budget at least an extra $400 for you trip. I you don't spend it, well then you're lucky and you can save that money for the next time you fly...

mjg

Follow Ups: