Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: King 2341

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Daniel C. Oberloh on January 24, 2002 at 16:33:38:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: King 2341 posted by Joe Baker on January 22, 2002 at 10:56:46:

Seems I have opened a can of worms. I understand the issue of school budgets and how they want the most bang for the buck. I quite honestly feel it is no more work to do good soldering and clean up than it is to do bad or messy work. In fact my experience tells me it is more time consuming to perform sloppy or un-tidy soldering and polishing and then try to make it pass muster. The trick is just knowing how to do it properly and choosing to do so. Another problem with poor fit and slop in the solder is that the joint may not be as strong and could most probably fail prematurely. Three or four of those and there goes your savings, my won't that tuba look nice with all the scorching and staining after the repairs are made. ; )
I fear the management of UMI may be of the mind set that the buying public will not notice the deficiency in their product or care. Just as long as they think they are saving a few bucks, or so they may think. Just my thoughts.

Daniel C. Oberloh,
Who feels "Not enough time to do it right but always enough time to do it over" may apply.

Follow Ups: