Re: Forging my future with 20 lbs of brass

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Sean Chisham on January 08, 2002 at 09:19:42:

In Reply to: Forging my future with 20 lbs of brass posted by Brandon Ostrom on January 07, 2002 at 23:22:31:

There are plenty of people with B.A.'s in things like philosophy, history, american studies, women's studies, literature, etc who get good jobs in fields not directly related to their degrees. College is more than a vocational tech school. It is an experience in diversity and creative thought. I would guess that a large percentage if not a majority of those who received music degrees and did not get a music related jobs are still glad they pursued music in college.

Some would argue that a music degree should only be sought if you are definatelly going to be a musician. I don't know if I would agree with that. It is not an exclusive club for only the most ambitious. There are many many different levels of ambition and abilities even among professionals.

I would say to start college headed towards whatever degree field you like best. You can always change your degree tract after a few semesters if you change your mind.

sean

Follow Ups: