Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tuba Consumerism & Emails

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Joe Baker on February 20, 2004 at 14:55:28:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tuba Consumerism & Emails posted by try harder on February 20, 2004 at 14:42:04:

You have no more right to control who calls you, than a "merchant" has to avoid being dragged through the coals by selfish, discourteous, rude, (usually American) consumers. Thanks for emphasizing that. Why are you so dead-nuts against "merchants" who do not prescribe to YOUR business model? are you REALLY typing all this convoluted b.s. for their benefit?

The problem with us Americans is that we're so accustomed to "freedom". As in, I'm FREE to buy from whomever I want. As a guy with limited money, price enters into the equation. FWIW, I buy almost everything from my local guy, and when I couldn't do so I've done business with Joe S. and Lee. But when I needed a low-end keyboard, I got it from WWBW. When I needed a crappy marching trombone for my son, I got it on ebay. I'll be danged if you or anyone else will tell me who I can and can't -- or should and shouldn't -- do business with.

I've also made it clear that I'm NOT against the way any merchant here does business, but rather against a mindset that says that we as consumers SHOULD be willing to just accept slow service when we inquire by email.

And finally, if you really see no distinction between a residence phone and a public accomodation, such as an email address that is advertised to solicit business, then you are too foolish to trifle with any further. So, while I have always been a respectful and courteous customer, I will not extend you the courtesy of pretending you have any cogent point whatsoever.

Joe Baker, who doesn't suffer fools gladly, especially when they diss his country.

Follow Ups: