Re: Re: Re: Tuba Consumerism & Emails

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by TubaRay on February 20, 2004 at 11:58:50:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Tuba Consumerism & Emails posted by Matt Walters on February 20, 2004 at 10:14:49:

Good post, Matt. I believe you have captured the essence of the matter. Each person involved in a company has to make a decision as to how to handle the volume of inquiries, etc. This includes email, voice mail, regular phone calls, and "live" visits. The customer may always be right, but the people working for the companies can only do so much. They often have demands pulling them in various directions.

In short, the customer has a right to be treated with respect. OK, maybe not a right, but I believe they should be treated that way. The company should make decisions as to who gets their attention based on what they feel best meets the needs of the customers(all of them). This is not always an easy to determine thing. Sometimes they will make the best decision for me and sometimes they will not. It is then within my judgement as to whether to excuse inconveniences or look for some other company to fill the void. Then, as Rick stated, I may not always be able to find another viable option.

Thanks for stating your side of the question so ably.

Ray Grim
The TubaMeisters
San Antonio, Texas

Follow Ups: