Re: Re: Tuba Consumerism & Emails

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Consumer on February 19, 2004 at 21:01:43:

In Reply to: Re: Tuba Consumerism & Emails posted by bloke on February 19, 2004 at 18:45:05:

...and the small shop musical instrument trade is not exactly analogous to J&R music world. I have dealt with a huge number of talented and often "colorful" folks over the years. In many cases the same skill set that makes them special in the skills I seek in a music repairman or shop keeper also makes it likely that they'll have a focus on priorities which leads to a low tolerance for coping with large quantities of E-mail. I've met with and dealt with folks who never answered E-mail (and almost never answered their phone). Yet when you got to their shop they were the most helpful and concerned people it's ever been my pleasure to meet with. I expect LL Bean to send me underwear in my size that fits on time and to respond to my every whim. Otherwise I go to Eddie Bauer, ETC. When I go to a huge outfit like the WWBW for valve oil or common stock items I expect close to the same. When I go to a niche industry like tuba sales- even as a subdepartment of the WWBW- I have a different expectation. I figure the guy to be probably chasing after fifty things, and to have a different approach to life than a used car salesman. Not lower expectations- but different. There's a more personal aspect to such a business relationship than is involved in most stores. My take anyway.

Follow Ups: