Re: Re: Has Miraphone changed its numbering

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Klaus on February 05, 2003 at 20:10:05:

In Reply to: Re: Has Miraphone changed its numbering posted by Rick Denney on February 05, 2003 at 13:24:09:

A few comments:

The relationship between German and US numbers for is pretty obvious, as the two last digits are the same.

What does not come through in the US model designation is the level of outfit: metals, leverage system, and more. German system has a designation in the first two digits of the number. US has S and TE designations for for student and a certain dealer version.

As for the accessing of my source files I wonder a bit about your needs for signing up to Yahoo. After I found out how to alter the group settings, all of the groups, but for the one with the music files, should be open for everybody without any demand to sign up to Yahoo. I have just tested this from a computer not signed up to Yahoo, and it appeared to work without problems.

Without bragging I find the pictures and scans interesting even for myself. I constantly use them myself for referencing instruments against each other. Of course, because I have to sift out, which external sources I find interesting, and which one I do not find relevant.

The most scaring fact about my project is, that it only scratches the surface. Anything on current commercial web sites is left out, and almost everything concerning US trumpets is avoided due to the size of the topic.

I can say, that I would very much welcome good pics from those of you, who have older instruments and rebuilt/cut ones. My policy is not to credit owners and not to use pics with identifiable persons. That is a simple matter of security and discretion. I have broken my own rules a few times, but then the stuff mostly has been re-texted or removed. We don't know all the longtime side effects of exposing people on the net. Aside from the signature photo with the tuba giving name to the groups, my collection and my person hardly ever is exposed in the source groups.

Klaus

Follow Ups: