Re: Re: Re: What's it worth? Musica 4R BBb 4yo

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rick Denney on February 10, 2002 at 13:17:32:

In Reply to: Re: Re: What's it worth? Musica 4R BBb 4yo posted by Klaus on February 10, 2002 at 12:41:59:

I suspect that the Music in the pictures comes from the time when UMI was using the Musica label, and buying the instruments from whoever was cheap that year. So, it could come from the VMI factory (as the one pictured by Joe) or from someone else.

Older instruments branded Musica also were marked "Made in Austria." Klaus, you have suggested in the past that they were assembled in Austria of parts made by Cerveny/Amati. The Musica F tuba that I owned in the late 80's would certainly bear out that claim. There was no appearance of the word "Czechoslovakia" anywhere on the instrument, but every part from the valve paddles to the bottom-bow protector to the linkages suggested "Cerveny."

So, to Kenneth, I'd suggest that an instrument four years old would be one of the UMI imports. If it looks like the one pictures in the ebay ad, then you have your answer.

Rick "who thought his Music F tuba was quite nice from the bottom of the staff on up" Denney

Follow Ups: