Re: Re: Re: Tempi for orch. exc. for tapes

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Shaun Abraham on February 09, 2002 at 14:25:17:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Tempi for orch. exc. for tapes posted by If you can't say something nice... on February 08, 2002 at 09:18:15:

Usually I would agree with this post and agree that the post by Choo was bad and out of line, but not today. As a grad student who has just a year left on his masters and having gone to several music festivals and such, I've seen much apathy in the world of student brass players. Too often those who just aren't going to cut it as professional orchestral musicians tend to hang out with each other and just wallow in each others mediocraty. There is usually more talk of trying out different horns/mouthpieces to find the one that has the best sound. Heres and idea: make yourself better and you will have a better sound. More often than not we need a swift kick in the behind as well as reality checks to get in line with the program and get better or just quit, save your money, to prevent the potential senario of flipping burgers at the local Mikkie D's or Dairy Queen (if you live out in the sticks) if you have a worthless Performance degree if you can't play. You guys need to quit crying. If you don't know your tempi for standard excerpts I really don't see how one could win a job.

my .02

Shaun "i don't care what you think, i just care what i sound like" Abraham

Follow Ups: