Re: What's REALLY in you CD player?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Aubrey Foard on February 22, 2001 at 00:33:50:

In Reply to: What's REALLY in you CD player? posted by Carl L on February 21, 2001 at 10:52:17:

Alright, I wasn't originally going to respond to this post, but since Carl brought my name up, I'm going to make a confession:

I am an avid country music hater. I'm not going to say why, but I have my reasons. I also have a bumper sticker on my case with disfigured smiley faces that says "Discourage Inbreeding, Ban Country Music". There, I said it.

Otherwise, I'll listen to any other music. The only reason I usually don't is because when I'm given a choice between classical and everything else, I always choose classical. Is that so bad? But just to bridge the gap: I like a lot of rap (word up to East Coast/West Coast guy below) and classic rock and all jazz. Before I got into classical, I pretty much grew up listening to early/mid '90s pop, Queen, and the Beatles.

Right now, I STILL enjoy the Beatles, and good classic rock like Pink Floyd, Alan Parsons Project, Styx, etc (don't ask me to name any hits because I probably can't) and swing jazz, small combos, and big bands.

But, of course, I'm going to be replaying that spectacular performance I saw tonight of Verdi's "Falstaff" over and over in my head for a long time to come. My favorite opera of all time, though, is Mozart's "Don Giovanni".

Follow Ups: