Re: Re: Re: Cerveny Eflat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jay Bertolet on February 27, 2000 at 14:10:01:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Cerveny Eflat posted by Randy Mac Iver on February 27, 2000 at 11:54:37:

Yes, I think your idea would work and the Cervany might be a very nice choice. I've seen bands doing this before, the last time was The President's Own playing a matched set of Rudy Meinl CC tubas (5/4, 4/4, 3/4, and one F) and the effect was very nice. I would say that if the parts you propose to play on the Cervany stay at or above the Eb just below the staff, then you'd be playing in the "money range" of this instrument and it really sings there. The Cervany has a little more presence in the sound than most F tubas I've played but it still has that really sweet, light quality to the sound that is unlike most Eb tubas. Like I posted earlier, I think this is a really good tuba for the money, especially with the added 5th valve which really helped the low range on mine. You might get a better blend in your situation if you could get 2 of the 6-8 players you have to play the Cervany Eb. If you used only one, you'd probably have to crank pretty hard to balance 5-7 larger instruments. Let us know what you decide to do. I'd be curious to hear what you think of the tuba after you play one. Good luck!

Follow Ups: