Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Cerveny Eflat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jay Bertolet on February 27, 2000 at 16:15:56:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Cerveny Eflat posted by Jake Willis on February 27, 2000 at 15:36:42:

My 5th valve was constructed from factory parts which I ordered directly from Cervany. Mine is a flat whole step setup, utilizing a complete 1st valve assembly and some extra slide tubing and a couple of extra slide crooks to make the 5th valve. I had the excellent repair technician here in Florida take all the parts, build the linkage from scratch, and install everything on the tuba. Total cost for parts and labor was under $500.00 when I had it done. Most of the better custom shops will be able to do this, some will even be able to provide the right parts so you won't have to wait for factory parts which took over 1 year to arrive. If I were doing this today, the first thing I would do is find the right technician, hopefully the one who will do the work, and have him help design the job and then give you an exact list of the parts necessary. Then you can proceed with getting all the right parts. Good luck!

Follow Ups: