Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: CC or BBb???

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Randy Mac Iver on February 25, 2000 at 11:08:07:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: CC or BBb??? posted by Joe S. on February 24, 2000 at 22:26:29:

I'm sorry that I was misunderstood. I've been told that being from Mass. that I tend to have a bit of sarcasm in the way I say things but belive me none was intended. I whole heartily agree with your concept and exlpaination of the situation you explained above in your post. I just wanted to make sure that "I" understood what you said. My comment about keeping the posts is just what I said. You can't get this info out of a Book. I think that your post states some real interesting views and I just wanted to make sure that I got it right. I geuss I should lay off the explatives. I tend to talk with my hands and from a distance people have said that it looks like I am beating up someone when I am just saying Good job. Your not F.O.S. you are full of knowledge. That being said I just want to say that if people think that the BBb vs. CC Tuba thing is out of control try the whole pitch of a brass horn thing in the highly opinionated world of Drum and Bugle corps. This topic has been on the sounding board for twenty years or so. Your explanation was one of the most logical ones I have come accross. I stick firm to the belief that not one horn can do it all but some tend to do things better than others. I think that Tuba players are fortunate to have so many choices that sticking to one pitch or one model horn is a silly mistake. I would rather have alot of choices than just one. I think this is what it all boils down to. The more tools you have to do the job the better I always say and that goes for Tubas and everything else too. The people who can adapt thier playing to suite the needs of the job will be the ones who get the playing jobs.

Gosh!, they make everything out of plastic these days.(sarcasm)

Once again Joe I think you are right!
Randy Mac

Follow Ups: