Re: Re: Re: Re: CC or BBb???

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Joe S. on February 24, 2000 at 22:26:29:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: CC or BBb??? posted by Randy Mac Iver on February 24, 2000 at 11:43:03:

You sound like you think that I disagree with you (I'm not sure. Your sarcasm is a bit subtile.), but I certainly was trying to make the point that CC's get a rap for being brighter, because people hear them pushed harder (sometimes) in concert situations, AND I think that is silly, because there are all shapes and sizes of CC tubas AND BBb tubas. (Do we agree on that part?)

And YES I know that GG contrabass bugles are about the longest tubas of all, and often sound bright because hosses are blowing their brains out on them. Further, I HAVE found those GG things to require a GREAT amount of "timing" to hit a note right with the beat, due to the great column of air that I've had to move when I've tried to toot on them.

Maybe physical laws prove that I am F.O.S. (Physics has also "proven" that an instrument made out of plastic sounds just like one made out of metal, hasn't it?), but it sure SEEMS like it is easier to pop a note out on a piccolo trumpet right when I try to start the note, than on a big BBb (or GG) tuba...

...and there has to be SOME reason, other than 100% of all tuba players being lazy, why band directors are always saying "YOU'RE LATE, TUBAS!!"

Follow Ups: