Re: Re: Re: Comments on Toby Hanks teaching?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Marty Neilan on February 02, 2000 at 21:51:29:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Comments on Toby Hanks teaching? posted by Bill on February 02, 2000 at 17:39:17:

When I was at Manhattan School of Music, neither I nor any of the other students had any bad things to say about him. I HAVE been insulted by teachers and conductors before, but never him. He was very gracious when I informed him that I was leaving Manhattan for the ministry (never completely got there, either, that's another long story), and continued to give me his full attention through my last lesson there. I am sorry for what happened in your situation. I am guessing (and this is only a guess) that you may have said or done something, without realizing it probably, that triggered him. He may also just have been having a very bad day. Also, not every teacher is for every student.
Sorry for my lengthy response if your message was not directed at me in particular. I know the BBS has been acting up a bit. No need to share your story with me, I am sure on some of my worst days I have done other people wrong, too. I would hate to think of all the 'anti-Marty' stories that would circulate if I ever became famous (or infamous). All part of that disease called 'human'.

Good luck with the tuba.

Follow Ups: