Tubas for sale: 2 CC's & 1 F

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Matt G on February 13, 1999 at 12:23:50:

About a month ago I posted two Mirafone CC's for sale and the possibility of a yamaha F for sale. Well neither one of the CC's have been sold and I now have the Yamaha F on the auction block. I'll go over the horns again for those interested.

Mirafone TE186A:
Five valve CC tuba built in '95, stripped lacquer well maintained, dark sound good intonation, valves are in great shape with quick response, a great all around horn. This horn is in near mint condition.
If interested contact Jeff Alvarez at 407-249-2797. Price c.$3750
Reason for selling, because he bought a new 4/4 Nirschl.

Mirafone 188-5U CC:
Five valve CC tuba built in the early eighties, previous Tommy Johnson horn. Plays great with superb intonation, quick response, lots of projection & good valves. TheThis horn has some wear and tear but still plays well.
If interested contact me, Matt Gilchrest at 407-273-3795. Price $2500 OBO.
Reason for selling, I just bought a VMI MC 6/4 PV.

Yamaha YFB 621S:
Five valve (4p,1r) silver plated 3/4 F tuba. This tuba is a good all purpose F tuba with good projection and an outstanding low register(plays like a CC in the pedal range) This horn is also in near mint condition with just one wear spot on the plating. I have used this horn in an orchestra, quintet and wind ensemble (to replicate a british band sound) and have always been pleased with the results. I bought this horn from a respected tubist who won the national MTNA competition with it. It is a good tuba.
If interested contact Matt G. See number above.
Reason for selling is I just don't need it anymore.

Note: All tubas are Y2K ready.
If you attempt to email me it may take some time for me to reply seeing as it is my wife's account and I don't get to check it regularly.

Follow Ups: