Re: Re: Re: visualizing another instrument

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Wade on December 10, 2003 at 15:00:38:

In Reply to: Re: Re: visualizing another instrument posted by Wade, check this out on December 09, 2003 at 16:47:01:

Tabor,

Nice stuff! I will look into this.

As an aside, I have pretty severe dyslexia (well, it comes and goes in waves that last for months at a time) and had a horrible time learning to read. This all changed when I got into beginning band. I could only read like a "normal" kid when I really expended a lot of effort. But by the end of sixth grade/beginning band, I had read and fully understood all of the Lord of the Rings and the Silmarillion, as well as East of Eden, For Whom the Bell Tolls, The count of Monte Christo, and (with the aid of a dictionary of Archaic English) the unabridged Ivanhoe.

I would say that the whole band thing helped me do some serious rewiring in my head for about three years. While my dyslexia is still a problem, I can get around it well enough that I is only a big nuisance to me.

I have some dyslexic students that some of my MSO colleagues have sent to me to help them learn to read (or, more accurately, to sort out) music.

Great stuff! Thanks, again!

Wade "turns out that I am only mildly stupid after all" Rackley

Follow Ups: